I was thinking about making photos step by step, but since my camera isn't the greatest one, I figured I'd best do a video, which would also be a lot easier to follow, than just some pictures. I did take some photos with the finished look and I'll also put a step-by-step description below - here they are:
How to do this:
1. Curl your hair in pretty tight, small curls, using either a hair straightener or a curling wand. And, optionally, you can backcomb the top of your hair for a bit more volume.
2. Separate your hair into 6 sections (or more, if you have really thick hair), starting from top to bottom (so three on each side).
3. Take a section (starting from the top ones), twist it a bit at the middle of the strand, then pin it to the crown of your hair in a more loose way, so that you have some volume, and the curled ends of the strand are to go above your head. Repeat for all the other sections, and try not to pin any of the curled ends.
4. Once you have all the curled ends on top, take random sections and roll them around your fingers, to make small curls, then pin them in the back. Just be sure to leave some strands on top of your head, so that it looks more messy.
5. Take some strands of hair and pull them by your face, so that they frame it nicely (you can also do this step right at the beginning). If they're not curled any more, fix that with your straightener/curler.
6. Spray everything in place and admire your Cher Lloyd inspired hairstyle.
Haven't quite understood how to do it? Then I've also made this video to help you out:
Let me know what you think or if you have any questions, feel free to leave them below. And I'd love to see your takes on this, if you decide to try it out. Btw, I'll also post a makeup tutorial on this on Monday.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :)